Ten reasons an author needs a web site
- Promoting your books through your own web site means that you are in charge – you don’t need to find a publisher who will charge you some 70% of your earnings. Instead you get to keep all that you earn.
- Establish you as a brand.
- Show that you are a professional, through a well designed web site that will reflect what you are your books are all about.
- Readers want to learn about you and connect with you. You can’t just write a book, put it out there and remain anonymous. Readers want to know you, all about your interests and life and they want to be able to communicate with you. A web site is a reader’s portal into your world.
- Readers want to know all about your books so you can share snippets of the text and promotional videos.
- A web site means that you can be finding readers 24 hours a day 7 days a week, worldwide, since some 2.4 billion people use the internet regularly that is a lot of potential readers.
- You can keep in touch with readers and keep them posted about new releases. Via a web site you can collect email addresses and have a pool of people who have already told you that they are interested in you and your work. This is a huge asset and one that should never be underestimated.
- If you want to sell your own books, products or services, such as tours, speaking engagements, you can integrate your web site for e-commerce. This further solidifies your brand and expertise.
- Journalists and others who are interested in you and your work can find you easily.
- With a web site you are in control, you can decide what is posted and can see from the statistics who is looking at the site and for how long.
Please contact us at email@example.com for a no strings digital chat about your requirements.